Monday, August 15, 2011

Kickstarter Projects

I've been exploring Kickstarter recently and it's interesting. Kickstarter is a website that was established in 2009 that is used to help creative projects get off the ground. Users submit their ideas and they are accepted or rejected. Once accepted, you set up a goal of how much your project needs, set up incentives, and start getting your project out there. Other users then can donate to your cause and help you meet your goal. Money only exchanges hands if the project is successful.

They have a good number of categories including gaming, technology, books, film, and others. I just came across this site and a few of my Twitter friends have used this with their games and other projects. I recommend checking this out whether you have a great idea and need funding or just want to check out and back some great projects.

7 comments:

  1. To compass such a boundless happiness! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I've never heard of this site, but it sounds interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Indiegogo for my campaigns, and think it's the better site, but I did fund the MC Chris cartoon on Kickstarter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually supported a few people via kickstarter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis actually sounds cool! I'm going to look at it riiiiight now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on my, well, thoughts.