Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Unwatchable Movie Challenge #4

Photo from IMDB.com
Firstly, this is not a return. I just watched this last night and I had to feature this movie. No words can describe it, and I will be giving spoilers. If you don't want to hear about how this movie ends and want to see it for yourself, I'm so sorry, and you should leave now.

Spoiler:
This movie is bad. Dance of the Dead takes place in a smaller town and the big buzz is about the prom. You follow around a mixed up group of a backyard wrestler, the sci-fi club, a cheerleader, the vice president of the student council, and the "main" character who doesn't really fit into a group.

The night of the prom the dead rise from the grave, or in some instances, pop from the grave. There is a scene where the sci fi club took a trip out to the cemetery. The encounter a zombie and run for there life. All around them, the dead are rising. You get a shot of running along side them, and zombies are getting launched out of the graves and hit the ground running alongside the members. I can't find a word for how laughable it was.

The other highlight in this film was the backyard wrestler and the main character fight a little mob of zombies. This main character is godlike, because he can stab zombies with a BASEBALL BAT! Not only stab them, but slice them in half with it. I'll spare you the details of the zombie make-out scene (and yes, two zombies were making out).

The splinter groups all find each other, one group discovers that the zombies like music. The zombies will not attack as long as music is playing, which is very new to me. Because of this, all the zombies have found their way to the prom. They decide to destroy the school with all the zombies inside with the help of a crazy gym teacher.

Dance of the Dead ends with the possibility of a sequel as well. They determined that it was the power plant that had started all of this. The remaining members of the group decide to drive off into the night to destroy it. So keep your eyes open for Power Plant of the Dead.

So that is all. Unfortunately this movie is not available streaming on Netflix. The station I saw it on was called Chiller and this week is zombie week. But now that you know, there is no need. The scariest thing about this movie is that it was made.

Quote: "No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist." -Oscar Wilde

25 comments:

  1. The scariest thing about this movie is that it was made.
    ^ haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! YOU'RE ALIVE!

    And...sounds like an...interesting movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so bad, it's back to good and THEN back to bad again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, I've never been tempted to watch it. I definitely won't watch it now, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like it has fail written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, "The scariest thing about this movie is that it was made", that's harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems to me you are back :D

    Thx for saving me some time from watching this. Sounds like an abomination of a movie...

    Hope to see you around.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Power Plant of the Dead. Thanks for the heads up I'll remember to pass on this one :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love movies that are so bad that they're actually quite funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are crazy! :O WE LOVE DANCE OF THE DEAD! This movie actually was well reviewed by all the major critics. Sam Raimi himself hand-picked the film for distribution. I highly recommend. I watched it with all my friends and we thought it was going to be a bad B movie, but it ended up one of the best zombie movies we've ever seen. :)

    Here's some more accurate reviews of this movie by the major critics:

    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/2035/review

    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35930

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bahaha! That sounds awesome. Have you ever seen Night of the Comet? Its a terrible 80's zombie movie. A comet comes too close to earth and the 'comet dust' turns everyone into zombies except the like, 6 kids who spend the night in some kind of steel enclosure for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks kindros...that's very kind of you. ( :
    R.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. "The scariest thing about this movie is that it was made"

    LMAO, I think you said it best. :P

    But seriously, I didn't really enjoy this movie all that much. I'd rather watch a good movie like Amityville Horror.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds pretty good to me, I'll give it a go when I can.
    Thanks for the obscure film!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two zombies. Making out.
    No.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes, you really have to wonder if movies like this are made as jokes just to see who will actually WATCH them.

    Though I wonder about the actors/actresses in these things. How do you get to be one of the zombies in the zombie makeout scene and not think to yourself "This can't be good for my career"?

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL!!!! It sounds hilarious!!!!! Though it probably wasn't meant to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you sure they were making out? How do you know they weren't trying to eat each other's faces?

    ReplyDelete
  19. The funny thing is I hate scary film because they are meant to be SCARY, but I think I may have to watch this now just to try and get over regular horror movies. XD

    Thanks so much for following my blog. :) If you're interested, come sign up for my 100-Followers Blogfest, titled "Inanimation," it's going to be great!

    http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com/2011/04/100-followers-blogfest-inanimation.html

    ~TRA

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you die trying to watch the movie?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on my, well, thoughts.