Thursday, December 23, 2010

It isn't fair....

This topic can go so many ways. Stuff that isn't fair to the me personally, stuff that isn't fair as a whole in the world. In the spirit of the holiday, I choose not to be selfish.

It isn't fair that people and especially kids are going hungry in the world while others eat until they are sick. It's not fair that there are kids out there who won't be receiving a gift for their holiday. It's not fair that some kids don't have a family to spend the holidays with. There are parents out there who deserve to spend Christmas with their kids but can't for one reason or another. My soon to be brother-in-law is like that.

Hate to bring you down and all, but I'm just saying that we should all be thankful for what we have and who we have in our lives. What do you think is unfair?

2 comments:

  1. Hay there,
    I just loved this post! That is very true & sad. :( I try to always remember others & not be selfish, it makes me so sad to see people who don't have what they need. I have 2 sisters who have wonderful kids that they couldn't care less about so they've left them to me. :( It's sad when parents are like that.

    ANyways, from your comment I take it you've been sick too? Oh my! I sure hope you feel better. This cold-thingy that's been going around was just terrible! Hope you get well soon though. :)and hope you holidays were amazing!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see we feel the same way on kids going hungry and starving all over the world. I have a freezer full of food I'm never going to eat, and was quite upset/disappointed when i was told that the local food pantry doesn't accept frozen food. I'm sure theres something I could do with it, but currently don't know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on my, well, thoughts.