Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dream

First off, I had another fun dream last night. This one had Jack Sparrow trying to figure out how to steal this ship that was being used as part of a house. It was pretty ingenious really, still on the water, a hallway that attached it and decorated really nicely. Elizabeth Swan somehow ended up on the ship as he finally got it to cast off. There was a problem with it taking on water though. Jack was trying to figure it out and said we had a few hours. Elizabeth pulled something up and made it start flooding faster, prompting Jack to say we only had about 30 minutes.

They sent me off to get light by using a candle. I passed butlers and maids that were stuck on the boat now and found another lit candle and some matches. I tried so many things to light this candle but it would just go out instantly. I woke up being frustrated over that.

We need more tolerance and unity in this world. Amy at My heart shaped blog had recently posted about world peace and it made me think about what was needed to achieve this. There is a lot involved with this, but I want to talk about what I think are major issues. The first problem is prejudice and oppression. These kind of go hand in hand. It's happens not just on a large scale, but also small to the point where it can be a block of families. The poor family who won the lotto and moved into a rich neighborhood and don't belong. The synagogue that goes up in a Christian neighborhood. The Americans who move overseas. All of these are scenarios where prejudice and oppression can foster and grow out of hand.

The other major issue I came up with was sovereignty. This happens a lot because countries and even states feel they have the right to choose what is best for their citizens. Take for example gay marriage in the states. There are states who feel it should be outlawed everywhere. You have other states who don't want it, but don't care to impose their rule on other states. And then there are a few who allow and want to keep it that way. This causes so many clashes is still being discussed by the federal courts.

Another example would be in joining the EU, you give up some of your decision making. I actually like the idea of the EU and NATO as it pushes for unity across the continent. There will always be opponents, but some things have to be given up for the greater good. If we as a people start getting pushed around or stepped on, there is always revolution to try and start over.

What is your greatest concern if the world as we know it unites under one banner?

Random quote: "Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed." -Mao Tse-Tung

2 comments:

  1. Funny dream! I have really nutsy dreams, too. Maybe it's a writer thing.

    As for sovereignty and gay marriage, it makes me really mad that any form of government tries to prevent the union of two people who love each other. Totally ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great post!

    Not sure what my biggest concern is, I have a lot of them! lol Very interesting dream you had too! lol I have crazy ones sometimes too.

    Anyways thanks so much for the comment! I'm so so so glad that you said you'd ask your fiance if she could use the vases! That excites me lol. She must be a wedding planner? Strangely enough we have not made any with green yet, I will do that. I have a really bright kermit the frog green color paint. lol We might wanna go with something a little more subtle though. Haha

    And by the way, we make hand designed acryllic nails too. Kinda like what you'd pay 30 dollars to have a salon do except we design them & then sale them for $3-5! They're my favorite to make so far.

    Well, thanks for visiting and everything. I'll be waiting to read your next post!

    Hope all is well with you,
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on my, well, thoughts.