Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trainwreck of an Idea

I had an interesting idea and I'm going to see how this work out. What I need from you is what race and class are you (dwarf warrior, elf wizard, vampire aristocrat, whatever you want to be, be something creative or that expresses yourself or something you just always wanted to be), and answer the question at the end of the situation.

    The bar of the inn is packed. You look around and wonder how you ended up in this town during the middle of its yearly festival. It's not so bad though, the influx of business for the innkeeper means he is charging less for drinks the drunker he gets. There has been more than one person noticing this and he is reaching his limit as you overheard the same story from him for the third time.
   The people in the bar are a scattered bunch. There are other adventurers like yourself, but also a lot of townsfolk who are welcoming and mingling. The townsfolk are talking about how their mighty village was liberated from dark times by their new king. King Felix arrived in town and took control by rallying the people and marching on their old capital.
   As you take another sip from your drink, you hear a scuffling and a thud. "He stole from me," the man who was knocked down called out and pointed at a cloaked figure. The figure was already halfway to the door and you decide to check your pouch just in case. It's not there and the figure is in a full out run to the door as more people find out they've been robbed.

  Question: What did you lose and what are you going to do about it? (Just your actions, the results and next part will be posted soon.Have fun with it.) Also, welcome to roleplaying. :-)

Quote: "I found a way to steal the sun from the sky. Long live that day that I decided to fly from the inside" - "Fly from the Inside" by Shinedown

16 comments:

  1. i'm a fairy who's lost her everlasting potion that she needed to deliver to the queen. i catch him..running w/ my super quick pixie speed thorugh the woods...and see that's he's this young, (extremely attractive) man, who knows a secret about this potion that i don't.
    lol.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a shapeshifter--I just lost the special, key component I need to fly an aircraft hidden in the nearby area. I chase after the thief as a bird, flying above his head as he heads for the forest then I swoop down and tackle him to the ground. He loses something he stole, but it's not mine and he manages to escape again.

    (Interesting quote, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a male human that lost his wallet...Am I roleplaying right? haha. fine

    I'm a male bard and I lost my FABULOUS comb! How am I to impress the ladies with mediocre hair style!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. id like to be some dude with wings. what he took from me would be my lucky egg!

    randomramblingggg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a human ranger, who had a rare mystical thingy he discovered recently taken. I would track the thief, and slowly but surely break him down until he fled the area, leaving all the stolen goods behind. I'll show him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jerk stole my mini bison! I am NOT going to let him get away with it...hmmm...I'll be something with really hard teeth (hard, not sharp) and rope. Just call me Killer Fairy Chick.

    (Also, love the quote from Shinedown! They are legends!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i lost alot of gold :[
    will write a suicidal poem about it haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a guy in a bar with a gun and it does not matter what I lost, a thief is a thief, bang! "Somebody pick the loot and hand it out." :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shinedown! Sometimes goodbye is a second chance. With that in mind -
    ~~
    I'm a runaway princess, having escaped the clutches of my evil tyrannical grand-uncle who wanted to pawn me to a neighbouring ruler in return for a larger kingdom. Seeking adventure and tiring of my dictatorial upbringing, I up and leave the palace with only my peasant's garb and a small jute sling bag on my trusted mare Sameira in the middle of the night. Having nowhere to go, I made my way to this inn, hoping for a place to lie low till I make plans for the future.

    I lose my sling bag. In it there's some food I stole from the palace kitchens, a spare set of clothes and an old dagger that belonged to my father which I intended to use to find out more about him. All I know about him is that he was the only heir to an ancient apothecarial family, and had mysteriously disappeared one evening while on an expedition to retrieve a rare herb from an enchanted forest.

    What am I going to do about it? I'm going to skin that bitch alive. I run out after him, aware that I am unarmed but too desperate to retrieve my belongings to care. Deadly? Hell yeah.
    ~~

    OHMYGOD I'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE! THIS IS SUCH FUN!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. halfling bard/sorcerer, i lost a talisman that was the memento of my sister :(, ill do whatever it takes to get it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man I better not get into RP again lol bad things happened last time... Great idea though. If I did RP id be a black knight who lost his sword.

    ReplyDelete
  12. if you follow through it could be a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a elf maiden. My elven compass was just stolen. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I already have my plot twist, too.
    King Felix? Yeah, my uncle wanted to marry me off to him! I can't wait to see where this goes. Oh God, CONTINUE IT ALREADY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on my, well, thoughts.